Here’s what you will need:
- · 1 lb of your favorite bacon (thin cut is better than thick cut)
- · 1 lb of your favorite fresh sausage – we used a 50/50 mix of Cajun Andouille and German Sausage
- · ¼ lb of your favorite spicy cheese shredded – we used a Habanero Cheddar that has a pretty good kick to it
- · Smokin’ Elvises All Purpose BBQ Rub and Seasoning
- · Smokin’ Elvises BBQ Sauce
First things first – Go start your BBQ pit and bring it up to 250.
Lay out the bacon length wise on some plastic wrap. If you happen to have a bamboo sushi roller use it so the rolling process is easier.
Once you have all the bacon laid out spread a thin layer of the sausage and cover it with a layer of the cheese.
Sprinkle some of our Smokin’ Elvises BBQ Rub and All Purpose Seasoning directly onto the cheese and roll the bacon, sausage and cheese into a tight roll so everything is sealed inside. Next, wrap the roll tightly in plastic wrap and place the roll in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
Once the roll has had time to chill out in the freezer place the roll directly on the hottest part of your pit with the seam of the roll facing up. Placing the roll on the hottest part of the pit will crisp the bacon, but if it starts getting too crispy or too dark move the roll to a cooler part of the pit. Cook until the internal temp hits 165, about an hour.
During the last 5 minutes of cooking, brush on a little bit of our Smokin’ Elvises Sauce then slice into single bite portions and enjoy!